The Lincoln Town Council continues its policy whereby people who come to speak at Town Council Meetings (whether in person or via Zoom) must pass a test of standing, i.e., being either a Lincoln resident or a Lincoln taxpayer. During Town Council meetings residents/taxpayers are encouraged to speak during the public forum portion, but for the time being we will only be able to admit one person at a time to the council chambers due to Covid spacing issues. Folks wishing to speak will be asked to wait outside until their turn. Zoom is also available for residents/taxpayers who wish to participate in the public forum portion of our meetings. The Council can, on limited occasions, agree to hear from a person who does not fully meet this test of standing; when allowing this will advance Council efforts.
May 10th through the 13th are the dates for this year’s clean up week. The Public Works Department will be picking up materials that have been placed roadside and transporting them to the Transfer Station. Since the crew will not be traveling on private roads those residents living on private roads are encouraged to bring their materials to the nearest Town or State road for pick up. Items that are within the Town or State right of way will be considered as items to be picked up. If you have a large bulky item please call the Public Works Department in advance so we can arrange for a piece of equipment to assist with the loading. If residents have any questions regarding items not on the list please feel free to contact the Lincoln Public Works Department at 794-6658.
Public Works Director Dennis Bullen said this event is one that many residents have utilized in the past. It’s a great way to have that large or bulky item picked up curbside and transported to the transfer station at no cost. During the week we will have multiple trucks picking up materials. Don’t be alarmed that a truck might have just passed your house without stopping; the truck might have been carrying mostly metal and the material that you placed roadside might be wood debris. Don’t worry, the truck picking up wood debris will be there shortly. Please keep clean up week materials separate from your house hold trash.
Items that we will no longer be picking up
Refrigerators & air conditioners
Household waste (trash)
Cement blocks or bricks
Gasoline, oil or antifreeze
TVs and computer components
Shingles & sheetrock
Pressure treated wood
The following is a list of items that we will be picking up
- Large items such as swimming pool liners, carpets, tarps, linoleum, insulation and plastic pipe (these items must be cut up in 3’x 3’ sections).
- Vinyl siding needs to be cut up into 3 ft sections.
- Leaves must be placed in plastic bags or bio-degradable leaf bags. Bags containing excessive amounts of sand will not be accepted.
- Brush and wood debris cannot be larger than 8 inches in diameter and no longer than 4 ½ feet and needs to be free of any metal.
- We will pick up two dump truck loads of brush per household. One load is described as pile six feet wide ten feet long and five feet high.
- We will also pick up one load of demo wood such as boards. Plywood and chipboard from each resident. No pressure treated wood will be picked up
- We will also be picking up appliances such as washers & dryers, kitchen stoves, dishwashers and any furniture. Many of the items that we think might still be usable are placed on the take or leave pile at the Transfer Station for other residents to reuse. If you remove an item from the take or leave area please do not place that item back out for road side pick up.
The following is the schedule for cleanup week 2020
The PWD will be picking up items from the intersection of Transalpine Rd. and the Enfield Road to Evergreen Drive. This area includes all streets in the downtown area including West Broadway to the intersection of River Road, and Main Street through Evergreen Drive.
The crew will be picking up items on the Transalpine Rd. and the Lee Road area including all the side streets in these areas. This includes the Half-Township & Curtis Farm Road, Phinney Farm Rd, Folsom Pond Road areas.
The crew will be picking up on the Enfield Rd. and the South Lincoln areas including West Broadway South from the River Road intersection. Residents living on the Millet Mallet Road will need to bring their materials out to the Enfield Road for pick up.
We will be in the North Lincoln area including all Town roads that are in that section of town. Please call the Lincoln Public Works at 794-6658 before 12:00 noon on Thursday if your materials have not been picked up as of this time.
We will start the week with most of the PWD staff participating, but as volumes decrease many of the employees will be shifted onto other jobs. In years past we offered this service to residents for an entire week but we have scaled down this program because of increasing operating cost, we now schedule certain days for each area of town. Please have your items out on the day the trucks are scheduled to be in your area to help us reduce the expense of this program. The crews will be starting at 7:00 am each day so have your items out the night before to ensure the items are picked up.
This schedule is subject to change depending on the volume of materials that are placed roadside for clean up week.