We’re pleased to be of help to you while you apply for a passport book and/or card. You may apply for a passport at the Lincoln Town Office by appointment only. Please call the Town Office at (207) 794-3372 to schedule an appointment. To download an application, click here.
You should know that routine processing of passports for US citizens is now taking 4 to 6 weeks. If you have a trip planned sooner, you may expedite your application for an additional $72.72 (for return overnight postage). applications for passport books that must be expedited are processed between 8:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in addition to the items listed below, you will need:
– One PRE-PAID Express Mail envelope and label from the U.S. Post Office.
– Check payable to the U.S. Department of State in the amount of $182.72 for adults and $152.72 for children under 16. Town fee remains the same.
Customers traveling within two weeks may make an appointment to go directly to passport services in Boston to apply by calling 1-877-487-2778.
When applying for a passport book and/or card, please make sure to bring:
– Your certified birth certificate with a raised seal
– Your drivers’ license showing your current name (We use the parents’ drivers’ license on children’s applications. Children must appear before the acceptance agent. Both parents must sign for children under 16. Only one parent’s signature is required for children 16 to 17)
– Two passport photos
– For a Passport Book: A check or money order to send with the application made out to the U.S. Department of State for $110.00 for adults 16 years of age and older or $80.00 for children under 16 years of age.
– For a Passport Card: A check or money order to send with the application made out to the U.S. Department of State for $30.00 for adults 16 years of age and older or $15.00 for children under 16 years of age.
– For a Passport Book and Card: A check or money order to send with the application made out to the U. S. Department of State for $140.00 for adults 16 years of age and older or $95.00 for children under 16 years of age.
– A check, money order or cash for our processing fee of $25.00.
– If you are a naturalized citizen, you must also submit your naturalization certificate.
Passport Book vs. Passport Card – The passport card is a travel document that can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or seaport-of-entry. It cannot be used for International Air Travel. The passport book covers all international travel.